Saturday, March 6, 2010

Found poetry

Found poetry is a type of poetry created by taking words, phrases, and sometimes whole passages from other sources and reframing them as poetry by making changes in spacing and/or lines, or by altering the text by additions and/or deletions. I have never heard of this kind of poetry but I love it. This will probably be my favorite assignment of the year! I also would like to add, I thought it was so funny when the girl read the paper posted on the door. As I watched the professor's face, it looked as if he were a child waking up to christmas morning. He just looked so happy. I wish I would get that excited about reading a piece of paper done by a janitor posted on the door. I dont think I will do that piece however. I found one at the place I work (Excel PT) that I would like to put together. "If spine or neck diagnosis, if female, bring sports bra or bathing suit top for evaluation. Otherwise a gown will be used." It will be a challenge to make that into a masterpiece poem, but Im excited!

1 comment: