Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brothers and Antigone

So I have gotten to the end of book IX where Grushenka believes he is innocent and promises to love him. This book has been kind of boring to me or im just a boring person until now. I like mystery and thriller stories and at the part im at it kind of seems like one of those stories. You dont know for sure who has murdered Fyodor but Dmitri is the number one suspect. I mean he looks pretty suspisious to me with all the money he suddenly had but supposedly was from his locket and the pestal he had and how much he hated Fyodor for his secret affair with Grushenka and the whole inherritance thing. I know its not him though because the author wouldnt make it that easy to figure out, the author wants you to really think about who you think it is. As of right now I would guess Grigory's wife just becuase of what Dmitri did to Grigory and Grigory's wife called in and said something about Fyodor's murder. As I was reading book VIII, it made me feel sorry for Dmitri. He seemed like he was really really in love with Grushenka since he wanted to kill himself after he found out she was with her former love...thats true love right there, you cant live without someone. Which brings me to the story Antigone. It was a tragic love story. Personally I hate reading plays because they are hard for me to understand. It seemed like Antigone was a rebel and did whatever the king and nurse told her not to do. She knew what she was getting into and seemed like she wanted to die. She was brave because instead of freting about death she talked to the guard about his life. She did talk about how he thought she was going to die but she didnt seem scared. Her fiance also died for her because he could not live without her, thats the kind of man i want to marry someday because you know they are in love if they would die for you. It was a sad ending for the king however because he ended up all alone since his wife killed himself so I would say the biggest tragedy was king ceron ending up alone and having to live with what had happened to the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment