Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poems, poems, poems

As I read "Batter my heart, three-personed God" I felt like there was alot of emotions. To me the reader is talking about how he/she is trying to stay true to the three-personed God (Father, son, and Holy spirit) but its hard because his/her enemy (Satan) is engaging him/her into things that are not right. The reader says she/he still loves the three-personed God but he/she is weak. This I think relates to alot of believers. I know I struggle with sin every single day. But I still love the Lord and hope that He forgives me of my sins. When it says "never shall be free" I think it might be talking about the devil. One is never free of sin and the devil is everywhere you go. When I read William Shakespeare's "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun" I thought is was very unromantic and mean. I thought he was judging his mistress on the way she looks, smells, sounds, and even moves. I noticed at the end it says "I think my love as rare", I wonder if he meant that everyone goes for "looks" but he looks on the inside. I never really understand Shakesphere. Im excited to talk about these poems in class cause it will be intersting to find out what they really mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment