Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brothers karamozov

Im now through book XI and I felt like this book has made the story much more interesting. For example, Katerina has a letter from Dmitri saying that he would kill his father to get her her 3000 rubles and Smerdyakov has just admitted to Ivan that he murdered Fyodor but then hangs himself. So really besides Ivan, they cant really prove that Smerdyakov did it becuase he is dead and everyone will think Ivan is making that up because Dmitri is his brother. I would say the brothers have caught themselves in quite the pickle. Alyosha once again is being a great brother and being there for Ivan when he needs him after seeing the devil. I'm hoping that the brothers convince the court that Dmitri is not guilty and they can live happily ever after....but I know that wont happen because these kind of books never end happily. So from this point on I hope it will be an ending that wont let me go to bed till I'm done reading because that means it will be an exciting ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment