Monday, April 5, 2010

Brothers

So this weekend i got half way through book XI. As of right now reading Book X and XI I feel like Alyosha is the hero because he is really counsiling people with hard times in their life and I feel like he becomes close to people when they need a friend or just have someone there to listen to them. Like in Book X when Alyosha talked to Koyla and doesnt speak to him as a child, he is actually concerned about him and wants Koyla to make the best out of his time left with his friend, llyusha. I think each chapter has some kind of religious meaning in it. Like in book X when it talks about how llyusha thinks his illness was caused by God's wrath over what he did to the dog, Zuchka. I just think thats cool how much the problem of religion comes up in this book cause I feel like that is something that happens to everyone in some point of their lives. Then in the first part of Book XI Alyosha becomes close to Grushenka and tries to solve the problem between her and Dmitri. I just feel like he is so good to everyone and thats something I admire that about him, the book kind of brings me closer to Alyosha and I begin to like him more and more each chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment